Friday, February 13, 2009

Freedom to Marry

Happy Freedom to Marry Week! I realize it is the end of the week and all, but it doesn't officially end until tommorrow. I first heard about because my friends Leah and Brenda got married in California last October, and they have been busy writing personal and political posts on the topic.

I also saw a very touching video put out by the Courage Campaign in response to the CA lawsuit that would forcibly divorce the 18,000 same-sex couples that were married last year before the passage of Prop 8. It features one of my favorite songs from Regina Spektor, and put together with the photo montage, it's just beautiful.



I hope you will sign the petition on the Courage Campaign website in support of same-sex couples at www.couragecampaign.org/divorce

Also, just in time for Valentine's Day, Ariztical Entertainment had me edit a video montage for them that features the best on-screen queer kisses from their collection. Check it out below -