Sunday, November 25, 2007

Naked Men in LA LA Land

Naked Boys Singing, the movie that lives up to its title. When I got back from the Portland festival, I went to the L.A. premiere of Naked Boys Singing. I met one of the directors, Troy Christian, and 2 of the actors at the film festival in Tampa, so I wanted to check it out and see what all this penis hype was about.

I do think I was the only lesbian there. I don't mind representin' my peeps, although I don't know if I can speak for everybody when I say that I was fascinated at the spectacle! 10 bouncing penises for an hour and a half -- it was unlike anything I had ever seen! I'm sure I found it much more educational than the gay men or straight women in the audience, although they may have gotten some other benefits out of the whole experience as well. Oh, and the singing and dancing were good, too...


Above is a pic taken with one of the film's actors, Kevin Stea, now fully clothed. He's in the middle and on the left is Chad Allen. Chad and his penis are not to be seen in this movie, although he does appear in several other movies without his penis. Well, he doesn't appear without his penis, but he appears while he penis doesn't. Ok, 'nuff said.


A few days after I went to Naked Boys Singing, my friend Karen and I did the L.A. AIDS Walk. For those of you who don't live near West Hollywood, the nun-looking people in the pic are the infamous WeHo drag nuns. I'm not sure what name they go by, but I guess WeHo drag nuns makes sense, or maybe something like "drag queens with bad habits."

The walk was a lot of fun -- if any of you are thinking about doing it next year, you definitely should. You walk 6 miles while eating free ice cream, cookies, and potato chips. I think I gained weight during the walk, but what the hell - it was for charity.

No comments: