Thursday, November 29, 2007

The F Word

I found out today that I will be a contributing author for a feminist anthology! I wrote an essay a couple months ago about my relationship to feminism - how it's changed over the years from my women's college days and Sociology studies, to now with the representation of gender roles and stereotypes in Butch Jamie. The book is called What We Think: Gender Roles, Women's Issues and Feminism in the 21st Century: An Anthology, and it is being put together by Liquid Words Productions. They contacted me after seeing Butch Jamie at The Michigan Womyn's Music and Film Festival. They are currently looking for a publisher, and it is expected to be released in the Spring or Summer of 2008. There will also be a book tour; I want to attend in a couple of cities if possible, so I'll keep you updated!

BTW, the "F Word" in my blog title refers to feminism. It's kind of a joke but also kind of not since apparently the word is somewhat of a stigma for younger generations. Part of the book's aim is to determine where feminism has gone wrong and what the solutions are. Although the other F word, the original one, is cool too. Fuck yeah.

In other news, my sister Kirsten is pregnant with twin girls!


Kirsten has a small part in Butch Jamie as the producer in Femme Jamie's audition; she's the one who yells at my character. I tried to tell her that she wasn't type cast but I don't know if she believes me.

At any rate, those will be her first kids and my first nieces, so that'll be exciting. She lives in Missouri with my parents. We grew up in the O.C. but they all moved to the Ozarks. I told a friend of mine a couple of years ago that my family lives in the Ozarks and after I talked about it for a minute she said - "Dude, I thought you were joking!" So I guess it's a joke all in itself, no punchline needed. To round out this lil' discussion, I'll throw in a couple of pics from the Ozark shootin' range taken awhile back.




The last pic is me trying to look bad ass, but really I just look bad.

No comments: