Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A dyke, a wig, and a funeral


As some of you may know, I have a short film out now on The Ultimate Lesbian Short Film Festival DVD. The film is called Half-Laughing, and it's a dramatic story with streaks of satiric humor. It's about a young dyke who goes home with a shaved head for her grandfather's funeral only to confront her mother, who wants her to wear a wig.



The story isn't what I'd call autobiographical, but I did have a very surreal experience with a wig and a funeral at one point. The film is more interesting than what really happened, so here's the trailer if you haven't seen it yet:



Also, here's the behind-the-scenes video with interviews with some of the actors. We shot the film a few years ago, and I just finished putting these interviews together! Finally off my to-do list! :)



No comments: