Monday, December 3, 2007

I Fought the Cat and the Cat Won

I found out a few days ago that Butch Jamie won The Long Island Gay and Lesbian Film Festival Jury Award for "Best Female Feature"!


(if you want to see a couple of photos from the festival, here's a link to my blog entry about Long Island)

This is the second award for the film; last July, the film and I won the Outfest Jury Award for "Outstanding Actress." I have pictures from Outfest posted on our webpage, so I won't bore you with those. But I do have one special one that has never before been seen. I had to bribe my stalker to get a copy:


It's a pic of me signing some autographs after our Outfest screening in L.A. a couple of months ago. I know it kind of looks like one of those obscure photos of Big Foot or a UFO sighting since it's far away and a little blurry, but if you look really closely, you can see the back of my shoulder.


Now those of you who have seen the film know that my rival in this biz is Howard, the cat actor. Make no mistake about it - in real life we are no different. Howard has not won an acting award or signed any autographs, yet people often tell me that the cat is the one who steals the show. Posted below is an outtake from the film of me and Howard improvising a scene where I'm trying to convince him to eat cat food at an audition. One lady told me that the cat's brilliance is that in every single argument he and I had, the cat won. But take a look at the clip and see what you think; I think I may have won this one.

1 comment:

Ange said...

Congrats Michelle!!!! And I love that cat.