Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Oh, I get it - size DOES matter...


As I wrote about in my last couple of postings, I recently went to San Francisco where I screened Butch Jamie and checked out SF Pride. Sunday was more Pride activities - I slept in and missed the parade, but I went to the Pride festival that afternoon. It was crowded and I didn't stay too long, but I did take some pictures of some of the costumes I saw.





I also braved my way through a tented area that in spite of the police presence elsewhere during the event, seemed to be set aside specifically for people to smoke pot. It was also the place for men to be buck naked if they so chose. While the clothed people outnumbered the naked 30:1, it was packed shoulder to shoulder and I had to ball my hands up inside of the sleeves of my jacket so I didn't accidentally touch something I didn't want to. There was no running water and soap around, and the last thing I wanted was somebody's pubic lice on my hands.

The "highlight" of the tent (other than I probably got high from all of the second hand pot smoke. I always wonder if that kind of thing would show up on a drug test) was the 3/4 of an inch penis I saw; I didn't know they made them that small, and a light bulb went off in my head as to why penis jokes are so popular. Nevertheless, I saw enough during my ten minutes in there to satisfy my lesbian curiosity for a very long time.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

...and, not so much at Pride but at Dore Alley and Folsom Street Fair do NOT, under any circumstances, shake hands with any man. You do NOT know where his hands have been.

Jenn said...

actually, just carry some hand sanitizer and a bandana... that helps. :)

One year I handed out wet wipes to people - had a big pop up container - and a friend had condoms, we were telling people "Be Safe & Clean" -- it was our little contribution.