Saturday, July 5, 2008

Pink Queers and Topless Dykes


As I wrote in my last blog post, Butch Jamie screened at the Frameline film festival at the Castro last weekend. It was the first time I saw BUTCH JAMIE listed on a theater marquee - a very cool thing to see.


I learned that they recently restored the marquee for Gus Van Sant's upcoming film Milk, where Sean Penn plays the 1970s openly gay mayor Harvey Milk. I'm looking forward to seeing it when it comes out later this year.


In addition to the film festival, it was also SF Pride last weekend. Saturday night was "Pink Saturday," a blocked-off street where you BYOB and mill about.




The best part was really the people-watching. After all, Pride is the new Halloween.








Also on Saturday was the dyke march.



Unlike the march in L.A., SF did have several topless women walking around.


One lady was carrying her breasts in her hands, claiming that the doctor told her they were 21 lbs each (not that I'm an expert on boob weight, but they didn't look that big. I tried to weigh my boobs a couple of months ago just for the hell of it on my small postage scale. It seemed that they were about 2 lbs each max, but I'm probably way off. They're hard to weigh since they're attached to your body).

1 comment:

Jenn said...

OMG - you totally crack me up. I guess I have always complained about boobs feeling heavy, but surprisingly, never did anything to figure it out.

I should think that some sort of suspension -- like a sling -- under each breast should be the most accurate way to tell how much they weigh.

However, I only have a small Krups digital kitchen scale and each of mine came out around 1 lb 9.5 oz.

YMMV.