Friday, January 4, 2008

My hot dog has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R

Happy New Year! I've been away for the past couple of weeks for the holidays, but am now back to my weekly-ish bloggings.

Curve Magazine is featuring a photo of me in this month's issue from the Tampa Gay and Lesbian Film Festival. It's the same photo I posted in my blog a couple of months ago:



Curve is writing a review of Butch Jamie for their March issue, so I'm looking forward to hopefully reading good things.

I don't have any official New Year's resolutions this year, but I plan to have 2008 be quite eventful, with a possible release of Butch Jamie, a possible greenlight for Heterosexual Jill, and more festival traveling. I'm scheduled to fly to the International Women's Film Festival in Seoul, Korea this April! I may be at the Verzaubert Queer Film Festival in Germany this spring as well, although my plans on that are TBD.

One of the characters from the film, Andi the German (real name Andrea), lives in Berlin so I may be able to visit her if I go to the festival. She lived in Albany at the time we shot the film, and then moved back to Germany after she graduated from law school (yep, she, Lola, and Francine from the film are all lawyers!). Here's a picture of her dressed as a hot dog:


It's from Halloween a couple of years ago. She wanted to go as a German sausage but couldn't find an outfit for that. So she bought a kid-sized hot dog outfit instead.

I didn't have any great ideas like being a hot dog, so I dressed in drag which I had handy from the movie.



Here's a pic of me showing the hot dog who's tougher -



And to wrap up this little tangent of ours, here's an Oscar Mayer hot dog commercial from 1965:

2 comments:

Ange said...

you're going to seoul?? I'm so jealous! Have you seen the documentary Seoul Train?

Butch Jamie said...

Nope, I haven't seen Seoul Train, but I did read about it on your Facebook thing. It sounds interesting, but depressing as well.