Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Santa Barbara



Last Friday I drove up to Santa Barbara, a beach town about 2 hours north of L.A., for a screening at the OUTrageous Film Festival.


That evening, there was a candlelight vigil against prop 8 that I missed, but I showed up in time to catch the protest afterward.



Saturday I spent part of the day watching films and the other part enjoying the gorgeous views.







Saturday night I went to a party that the festival put on. I wasn't expecting to stay long - I had already checked out of my hotel, and I planned to drive back to L.A. that night. But I met up with a group of lesbians who had seen Butch Jamie the night before, and we ended up partying into the wee hours of the night. I had a little too much to drink and even have some scandalous photos to prove it!
...But I won't be posting those here (I know, such a tease).

I ended up crashing at someone's place for the night, and then a group of us met up for breakfast the next day at an oceanside cafe.



It ended up being a perfect weekend getaway.

No comments: