Saturday, January 10, 2009

XMAS and New Year's!

Last week I got back from a two week holiday vacation - a week with the family in Missouri, and a week with some friends in Upstate NY. It's the longest I've been away on vacation in over 10 years and it was a nice long break. I realize that Missouri and Albany aren't quite as exciting as Taiwan or Korea, so I'll skip the day-by-day recap and give you a brief overview.

Missouri:

Christmas morning with my twin nieces -






Bald eagle spotted on our ATV ride -



Me as Aunt -


Albany:

Foster kitties under the Christmas tree -



Snow on New Year's Eve Day -


Rockin' New Years Eve -



Day trip to Northampton:

Smith College campus -









Snowboarders on the railing -



Butch Jamie featured in the gay bookstore -



I also got to see my old cat Huey (aka Howard) for the first time in over a year and a half. I was happy when I could tell he remembered me. I also saw some old friends who worked on the movie, and my ex and her new wife and I all played Rock Band into the wee hours of the morning. I discovered that drums and singing badly with enthusiasm are my specialty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are the cutiest babies I've ever seen!! I have the eagle on my screen saver - so cool - and loved the Smith photos - brought back a lot of memories. All very wonderful. B.

Anonymous said...

I'll second that singing badly, but you were awesome on the drums. Rock On!!!!!!