Monday, February 25, 2008

Short Sir Cut

Two of my shorts, Ballet Diesel and Girl for Life, are now available for download from TLA video!

(unfortunately you can't do it on Macs - only PCs)


The shorts were picked up by Iron Rod Motion Pictures who put them on a DVD called "Iron Girls 4." You can't yet purchase the actual DVD, although when you download the compilation from TLA, it's much cheaper...

Let me tell you a little bit about Ballet Diesel, the lesbian who looks like a diesel dyke but walks like a ballerina. Ballet Diesel is near and dear to my heart. It was the first comedic film that I made, and despite the fact that we didn't have a budget for it, it's still one of my favorites (don't tell Butch Jamie).

It was also the first festival-bound short that I did, and I ended up naming my production company after it - Ballet Diesel Films. The company name isn't just a reference to the film, but is also a term of its own - "Ballet Diesel" meaning something that is a hybrid of both feminine and masculine.


I posted a clip from the film in my blog a couple of months ago; here's the link if you want to check it out.

Here are some facts about the film:
- It is based on real people (the actors who play the characters are the people the film is based on)
- The film is 99% improvised
- Howard, the cat actor from Butch Jamie, has a cameo
- The actress who plays "The Femme," Leah Williamson, helped produce Butch Jamie and also acts in that movie as "Bathroom Girl"


- My character, named Ballet Diesel, bites into an actual onion in the film; we only had one onion, so each take we did I hid the previous bites with my hand
- Ballet Diesel drinks actual beer in the film; we only wanted to use one beer, so each take we did, I filled the bottle with water
- Ballet Diesel trips in the film and that's a real trip
- Ballet Diesel gags on an onion in the film and that's a real gag
- Ballet Diesel spills beer on herself and that was a real accident


I'll tell you about my other short on the compilation, Girl for Life, next time...

No comments: